Sunday, December 18, 2016

Krazy Keyboard Kut-ups!

I'm back, folks. Been busy. Best thing I can do to say hello again is to make this quibcag from a quote by one of Steve Sailer's [link] commenters. I don't want to step on Steve's toes, so you'll have to go to that post here [link] to read the whole thing with his own commentary on the comment. And now my commentary on Steve's commentary on his commenter's comment:

First off, Urbanski deserves some kind of award for creating the Ctrl-Left meme. Since it's a computer-keyboard-based flash of creativity, maybe the award could be an Oscar-like female statue, called an "Ada" after Ada Lovelace, of course [link]. The name would have the added advantage of reminding us of Ada, or Ardor: A Family Chronicle [link], a rather amazing Nabokov work.

Second off, I'm not completely with Urbanski on the "moronic" part of "moronic but powerless." This is in keeping with my motto of "Pas d'ennemi à droite" [link], Anybody who wants to may with my blessing holler "Hail Trump" with whatever salute with whatever justification they like. And I consider most forms of fascism to be more or less what Ezra Pound said, or implied, as a response to a set of specific circumstances at a specific time and location, like 1920's Italy, not an ideology to be used just anywhere or at any time. This is all lined out, as I remember it, in his Jefferson And/Or Mussolini, which you can read here [link]. I may reprint it myself later.

And third off, yes yes yes, The Right is Alternate, but the Left is all about Control. The right, even in its most totalitarian versions, seems downright embarrassed to come up with atrocities like speech codes or forcing people to insist that obviously untrue things are true. They blush whenever they try, but the left is completely comfortable telling everybody which goddam pronoun to use in a language that's had stable pronouns for centuries. I often wonder what their counterparts do in countries that speak actual gendered languages like French or German. You can't have a neuter pronoun in French, everything being masculine or feminine. Now, in German you do have "es" which is neuter, but it applies to neuter nouns like Mädchen (girl), not to sexual neuters or unspecifieds. And then you have languages like Urdu or Japanese, where he, she, and it are all the same word, so what can the squirrels find to complain about?

I think I've said enough.
------------
Quibcag: I don't know where I found the illustration originally, but ain't she cute?

2 comments:

  1. The right, even in its most totalitarian versions, seems downright embarrassed to come up with atrocities like speech codes or forcing people to insist that obviously untrue things are true.

    How quickly we forget the Bush Administration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but that was a neocon-leftist administration, nothing right-wing there.

      Delete