Tuesday, August 23, 2016

This and That

My son tells me that CNN has finally decided it has to say something about the Clinton foundation, what with how important it seems to be and all. About time.

Speaking of my son, he also reacted to my comparison of Trump with Caesar. "Not so much Caesar as Crassus," he said, "look it up." And I did. And by George I think he's on to something. Resemblances are uncanny. At Wikipedia:

Marcus Licinius Crassus

And just look at how he made his money.

Biggest difference is that they had an official triumvirate in Rome. We don't. Yet. But we do have a President, who has been getting more and more Emperor-like since FDR, and I think it's about to ratchet up. If so, far better the Emperor Trump than the Crazy Empress Hillary.

And comparing Rome to America, I always recommend this. Read it ASAP:


In other news, suddenly thousands of emails showed up in my inbox this morning. Mostly trivial. It's like I suddenly received email that had been piling up in the cybersphere for months. Is that possible? I'm not pulling a Hillary disingenuous pirouette here, I really don't know.

And one more related thing. If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate your sharing them here and there on your email list or wherever. Here I show my ignorance again. I'd especially love it if you'd give me as much presence on Facebook as possible. I try, but I know there are those who can do it better. Thanks for any such help you can give me.
------------------
Quibcag:
Girl is one of those ubiquitous Trump girls on the net. Below we have Hinagiku of Hayate the Combat Butler (ハヤテのごとく! Hayate no Gotoku!) illustrating the Muslim thing, and real people in the last one. Creepy.

1 comment:

  1. Someone thought it was a good thing to hit both of them? God knows what Chelsea going to look like when she's older.

    ReplyDelete