Monday, May 30, 2016

What Doesn't Destroy Me Makes Me Angry!

The last think I expected to discuss on this blog is "Angry Birds." As an old coot  myself (no pun intended), I'm a little behind the curve on poptech stuff, and if you asked me what "Angry Birds" is, I'd answer that I think it's a game you play on your phone, and a little googling suggests that I'd have gotten that right, at least [link].  But now it's more than that. It's a movie, which I was also vaguely aware of, and my gut reaction was that it probably should be classified along with all those "Madagascar" movies for kids, i. e., stupid stuff that an adult can't bear watching. As an aside, have you noticed that? Animated cartons, for TV and theaters, do seem to fall into two types — enjoyable for adults, and unbearable for adults — I have no idea what kids think.

But I'd have been wrong about that. Evidently, "The Angry Birds Movie" [link] is not one of those stupid kids' movies. It would seem to be more in the "Animal Farm" direction. Here's a review from The Right Stuff [link]. Note: right now, from my computer, at least, it seems that there are several graphics interspersed in the review that just won't show up. Maybe they'll be there when you look. In any case, it starts out:



Angry Birds: The Most "Red"-Pilled Movie


So today I decided to head to the movies for the first time in a few years, because nothing recent in theaters has piqued my interests enough to shell out $10 for a ticket and another $20 for popcorn/drink.
Which movie was my destination? Well, it was a kids' movie. A kids' movie based on a mobile app, called Angry Birds. When I had first heard this movie announced I thought it was some sort of joke, wondering to myself how exactly they could make a feature film, in CGI, about a game where you shoot birds across the screen and knock down buildings housing pigs?
Well, to my bemusement, they did. This movie wasn't so much about the game as it was an excellent social commentary on the refugee/migrant crisis (read: invasion) spanning across Western Europe and soon into our own country (depending on who is elected).
Note: Spoilers below.
The movie starts out with the Red (Angry) bird having a slight backstory of being different. In art class they show him making a great statue of an eagle, whilst the rest of the class is painting rainbows. There's also some interesting peace signs that I myself have only attributed to William Pierce; they’re supposed to be sort of the hand print tracings kids make, but with bird feet, but I like my theory better.
Keep reading here:
http://therightstuff.biz/2016/05/30/angry-birds-the-most-red-pilled-movie/

And here's the trailer:

------------
Quibcag. Well, no, it's not exactly a quibcag, but no matter. I got the illustration from https://bbs.dailystormer.com/t/is-the-angry-birds-movie-about-immigration/2094/40

Wait! More stuff! Commenters tz tells me that Stefan Molyneux reviews it. Okay, this is a gotta-see, as tz says!


After hearing Stefan, I'm beginning to think this movie might be our era's Birth of a Nation.

2 comments:

  1. Molyneux agrees.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzEQpLJfthM
    I wasn't thinking about seeing it until I found it was un-PC. Now it is a must-see.
    Cheep thrills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did our politicians just get outsmarted by an animated bird?

    ReplyDelete