Thursday, May 12, 2016

Another Great Quibcag Dump

I've been accumulating more quibcags and other graphics without using them up here, so it's time for another massive dump. We start off with one I prepared when somebody on Facebook made that first remark, in answer to an older quibcag I posted in response to something in a discussion. I'm sure I'll use it in the future, as quite often complain about my quibcags when they don't like the sentiments they express. And if you ever use my quibcags in such discussion —and I invite you to do so, of course, you might want to keep this on hand if you're criticized for doing so. Oh, the illustration is Ayuko Oka of Mysterious Girlfriend X (謎の彼女X. Nazo no Kanojo Ekkusu).


I thought of this one when I heard the MLK quote recently. The sentiment expressed is the mental reaction I always have to anybody quoting him on motsl matters when his personal life was rather like Bill Clinton's. The illustration is Himeko of Sket Dance, スケット・ダンス,  who, for some reason, has put on an afro wig. Actually, this seems to be a common stunt in Japan, lord knows why.


This one I came across with different stuff in the word balloons, of course. I added the new material so it could be used in discussions of the NAP (non-aggressoin principle, AKA ZAP, zero aggression principle) on the net. The NAP is considered basic dogma by many libertarians (not by me), and this is mean as a joke — the guy is defending the NAP by using aggression.


And here's an old Orwell quote that I've done up different ways before, but I came across this picture of "Sensei" from Denkigai no Hon'ya-san (デンキ街の本屋さん?, lit. "The Electric Town's Bookstore"), and she looked just like an "intellectual" of the sort Orwell was referring to.


And this one was inspired by a discussion of the NAP, as above, where the Jefferson quote came up.
Jefferson is one of my favorites, of course, but sometimes he demonstrated a little naïveté about certain matters. He, I fear, was somewhat unaware of the detrimental effect that some religious dogma can have on human behavior. He had the excuse of living isolated in thinly-populated Virginia, though, and probably never met anybody but Christians and Jews in his life. Modern-day naive liberals don't have that excuse, though. The TZ quote is by one of my commenters, and, I believe, some of the most intensively funny wordplay I've seen in awhile.  I just Googled "Aztec sacrifice" to find the illustration.


This one of course I found on the net, and I preserved it here in case any of you want to use it in a Hillary discussion.


Another one I found on the net, which perfectly describes the liberal cognitive dissonance, where they hold White Christians or any nonliberal Whites to a ridiculously stringent set of standards, but always leap to the defense of the most reprehensible behavior on the part of nonWhites or nonChristians, giving xenophiles a bad name. This is almost too ridiculous to believe, but believe it, folks.


 Coincidentally, I used Sensei" from Denkigai no Hon'ya-san (デンキ街の本屋さん?, lit. "The Electric Town's Bookstore") for this one, too, because she does a good panicky look. The quote was inspired by the kerfuffle over replacing Andrew Jackson on the twenty. Liberals said similar horrible things about those of us who objected.


This next is a great quite from Alexander Pope (not Pope Alexander) about vice, and how we come to accept it and finally love it. It's illustrated by Gintama and Kagura of ,Gin Tama (銀魂 Gintama, lit. "Silver Soul") who are representing "familiarity."


Next we have a useful Karol Traven, useful for when you encounter a liberal/leftist making one or more of these arguments on the net,  illustrated by a girl from Lucky Star (らき☆すた RakiSuta), who is helpfully holding up three fingers.


And now another Karol Traven observation, for use when the term comes up and a liberal or whoever can't or won't define it. It's illustrated by Rika Shiguma of Haganai (はがない), in her most thoughtful science girl pose.


And we'll finish up with a fun one, which you can send to any of your dog-lover pals, where it will certainly be appreciated.



1 comment:

  1. A critique on NAP is not that different from a critique on utilitarianism. It is not an obvious a priori. It is selecting a moral principle that it assumes is self evident. There are other moral principles that are at least as good prime facie.

    ReplyDelete