Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Wind Rises, A Film by Miyazaki

What can I say about this? It's flat-out the loveliest, saddest, deepest, most heart-tearing, prettiest film I've ever seen. It is so beautiful I want to see it again right away, and so sad that I'm afraid to see it even once more. One critic said it's the finest animated movie ever made, and I'm damned if I can argue with him. I may say more about it later when I've calmed down, but for now, I just want to recommend it to you without reservation.


Read more here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2013293/

1 comment:

  1. Porco Rosso is a comedy with an aviation theme by the same director and is well worth a watch. It's about an Italian seaplane pilot who is a pig. This looks great though. Thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete