Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Stinking Gaza Mess

When it comes to side-taking, I always take my side. And my side is the side of my people — the American people and the people of Western Civilization. This is not at all a popular stance among my people, as defined, and it's a damn shame. Other people — the Chinese people, the Jewish people, the Muslim people, the Black (or African-American or whatever the name-of-the-week for them is) people, etc. — are like me in that respect. They always take the side of their people as they see it. Just ask Eric "my people" Holder, or Bibi Netanyahu, or whoever.

So, no, I don't "stand with Israel," nor do I want to spend American blood and treasure to rescue Yezidis in Iraq, or schoolgirls in Nigeria, or ebola patients in Angola or Zanzibar or anywhere else. I want to take care of my people and let other people take care of their people. Fair enough?

Which brings us to Gaza. Some leftists (and even some rightists) want us to "do something" and rescue the Gazans, who are most certainly being treated like animals, no doubt about it, no matter how many Hasbara ops comment on this post to insist that they are animals and should be treated as such. I understand people who want to help the Gazans. It's a humanitarian urge that we Western peoples have that is rare elsewhere. But it's also an urge that quickly morphs into self-destructive, self-sacrificing behavior that is never appreciated and usually ends up illustrating the cynical but true saying that "no good deed ever goes unpunished." Parenthetically, as I type this, I'm listening to Monsieur Mustache, AKA John R. Bolton, try to scare us into "doing something" about ISIS's behavior in Iraq. Our "doing something" about Saddam Hussein is what led to ISIS. But I rave.

And I don't want to rescue Israel, either. I don't want to rescue anybody. I want all those damn people to rescue themselves, however they want to, and, as long as they leave us alone, I propose that we leave them alone, neither bombing them nor financing their bombing of others.  That, I believe, is the logical libertarian position.

But, backing off and evaluating the situation, it seems to me that there are three "solutions" to the Palestine problem:

1. Ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians by the Israelis, which is what is going on right now, glacially slowly and agonizingly as it may be happening.

2. Ethnic cleansing of the Israelis by the Palestinians, which is what the Palestinians would like but which is pretty unlikely, as things stand, despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth by the Israeli lobby, which of course wants more our money, lots of it.

3. Occupation by some superpower who will keep the peace and scare both sides into leaving one another alone. This would require a big, rich superpower, like the US or Russia, or maybe China, and it would be horribly expensive and I'm damned if I can see any advantage to any such superpower in doing so. I certainly don't want us to do it.

So, in effect, there isn't any solution, and everybody outside the area would be advised to stay the hell out of it. That's my advice, anyway.

But if you think it would be worth occupation to "help" everybody, let Taki set you straight. This is from Taki's own site, http://takimag.com/


The Evil of Occupation


Ask any Greek about the Turks and the best you’ll get is a grimace. More often than not the answer will be a swear word and the word “barbarians” thrown in for good measure. Ditto the Congolese when the word “Belgium” comes up, not to mention the Algerians when discussing la belle France. The Indians do not play this game. They always considered themselves superior to the British, who more or less lorded it over them for a hundred years or so, but the Brits did do many good things in India, and took many good things back in return.

And then, of course, we have our very own American Indians, known the world over as noble savages who talked a straight game with good people like John Wayne, but were more often than not betrayed and forced into reservation slavery by unscrupulous men like Andrew Jackson. Well, not all Indians. I had a great love once when I was on the better side of twenty. She was the mistress of Hoagy Carmichael, the great pianist and Hollywood star, and I remember her name was Rita Cahill, and she was 100 percent American Indian. She was the sexiest and most beautiful woman ever, and if she’s still alive she must be over ninety. My other favorite Indian was Billy Mills, a Marine, who won the 10,000 meters in the Tokyo Olympics of 1964 and then allegedly described himself to the press as 100 percent Indian and 110 percent Marine.

Some of you may have guessed by now as to what I’m driving at: occupation and conquest are not like the movies, and there’s never a happy ending. In fact, occupation rots the soul of both occupier and occupied. When the Zionist dream of a Jewish homeland began in earnest with the Balfour Declaration, they used to say there were about 5,000 Jews living in Palestine, or so I recall. This figure keeps growing as the Israelis rewrite history, but the number soon grew in reality as Rothschild millions bought out poor Palestinian farmers and helped European Jews immigrate. In 1947 a Jewish homeland was voted into existence through UN Resolution 181, calling for two states in the Holy Land, one Jewish and one Arab. That’s when the Stern Gang and Irgun went into action, driving about 700,000 Palestinians off their land and turning them into Israel proper. Arab armies came to their aid but were defeated by the Israelis. In 1967, the 1948 borders were eradicated when Israel grabbed the rest of the West Bank and West Jerusalem. It’s been a brutal occupation ever since.
(Read the rest HERE).
-------
Quibcag: The occupied Afghan girl is from HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Link to Taki's article is broken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think I have it fixed now.

      Delete
  2. Threaten Israelis and Palestinians alike with occupation by a 2.000,000 man Chinese army that they, not anyone else, must provide with food, shelter, medicine, "comfort",
    and a hundred dollars a day cash for ten years or until they learn to live in peace, whichever happens second.

    ReplyDelete