Sunday, August 10, 2014

L. Neil Smith Report

Guest post by Baloo.

I dropped in to visit my good friend L. Neil Smith today. For those of you who haven't heard, he had a minor stroke a few weeks ago, and he's now in a very pleasant rehabilitation center. I've followed his progress and you'll all be glad to hear that he's on the mend. His speech has improved daily, it seems, and now he sounds just about completely normal.

He's temporarily lost use of his left arm and leg, but he's assured that he'll be back on line in a while, and he looks forward to getting back home and back to writing. I've already been nagging him to write on a couple of subjects that Ex-Army and I will reprint here.

Now, Neil and I agree about many things and disagree on a few, and over the years we've influenced one another's thinking for the best. But we remain at odds in one respect: Like H. P. Lovecraft and Vladimir Lenin, Neil is a cat person. I, on the other hand, like James Thurber and Hitler, am a dog person.

And that led me to prepare today's Karol Traven quibcag quote, in Neil's honor.
---------
Quibcag: First we have Kagura of Gin Tama (銀魂 Gintama, lit. "Silver Soul") with her beloved Sadaharu. and then we have the treacherous cat, Sakamoto, from Nichijou (日常).

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Rex...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both. Get a hold of How to Live with a Calculating Cat. most importantly, both like me. Given that they have fangs and claws, this really matters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. best wishes to, and prayers for, El Neil.

    ReplyDelete