Tuesday, July 1, 2014

LGBT? LSMFT! PDQ!

I've often wondered if late Rome got perversion-fatigue. I mean, past a certain point, freak shows just get depressing, don't they? They lose their novelty. And they lose it faster and faster.  When I was young, the big deal was racial integration. That was going to fix everything. We were simply going to distribute Blacks around everywhere, get the percentages right, make sure 18% or whatever of brain surgeons and rocket scientists were Black, and utopia would result. And we did. Sort of. And now we know how boring (at best) that turned out to be. We had to spice that up with some intermarriage, all the way from Stanley Ann and Barack Sr. to Cheerios commercials. But the bloom is off that rose, so we move on to gayness or gayhood, which is itself rather a bore, so we have to move on to TG's and other alphabetical marvels. I'm a curmudgeon, but I know when to step aside and let a real curmudgeon have the mike. Here's Fred Reed, from his very own website, http://www.fredoneverything.net/

Through the Eye of the Microscope

A Biopsy of Sorts

July 1, 2014

“The proximate cause of all our woes is/
Civilizational apoptosis”—My Ling Gum, late Tang (or early Gatorade) Dynasty


In my role as chief social oncologist of the Republic (remember it?) I offer the following diagnostic snippets. Although the patient is dying, the disease remains of interest. Let us begin with the Secretary of State. A headline:

Kerry: 'I'm Working Hard to ... Have Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Ambassadors'

From a curmudgeonly point of view, this is wonderful.  America is going to be represented abroad by a freak show. The country is going to hell, sissified neocon Tamerlanes in panties bankrupt us with brainless wars they don´t understand, the schools make us an international joke, but the Secretary of State rushes to fill the consulates with sexual abnormalities.

Washington begins to make a Weimar bordello look like Mormon Sunday school. I picture myself showing up at some embassy for an interview and being told, “The ambassador will be with you in a moment. Just now, he’s f*cking a sheep.”

Male or female? The sheep, I mean. With the ambassador, it would probably be hard to tell.

I am losing track of the various weirdities whose tiny concerns and wounded vanities are now the chief concern of policy domestic and foreign. It used to be only homosexuals. Now we must reverence bisexuals, transsexuals, transgendered (what is the difference?), transvestites, sadomasochistic hobbyists, perhaps bisexual transsexual homosexuals, and so on. I often see initials like LBGT, which I at first understood to be a sandwich (Lettuce, Bacon, Tomato, Garlic….)  Can bestiality be far behind (so to speak)?

What is an actual man like Vladimir Putin going to think of an American ambassadress when he knows that she has a surgically implanted silicone penis and a hairy chest from testosterone injections?

“Oh please, cut off my willy/
I know you think it’s silly/
But Sally wants a schlong/
Says she was born all wrong/
/o get me my bottle of Elmer’s Glu-u-u-ue....”


Excuse me. I am a frustrated Milton.

This is nuts. It is one thing, and a good thing, for a decent society to leave the sexually disturbed in peace, for the police not to harass homosexuals or raid known but discrete “gay” bars. (Though, if we can have homosexual bars in which the normal are not welcome, why can we not have normal bars in which homosexuals are not welcome? Can we not choose with whom we want to drink?)  (No.) If discrete (that word again) sex shops deep in the city wants to sell motorized dildos, hig-fashion whips, and male chastity belts, well…the buyers do no harm to others. It is another thing to turn the whole damn country into Caligula’s bedroom.
(Don't you love that "Caligula's bedroom"?  Read the rest HERE.)
------
Quibcag: Don't worry. I'm not about to subject you to an anime picture of a homosexual or whatever. Instead, here's wholesome little Asahina Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu) in her bunny suit. Ain't she cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment