Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Katyusha (Катюша) and Tanks!

I've been way too serious lately, so it's time for something cute and pretty....
As you may know, I love the Russian patriotic song, Katyusha (Катюша). That doesn't mean I'm a Russian patriot — I also love La Marseillaise and Lili Marlene. I have a very cute version of Katyusha sung by the Tolmachevy sisters HERE.

But here we have an example of another cute idea that's all over the net. Take a musical number, and illustrate it by cleverly assembling clips of anime features timed to fit the music. Oh, they do it with other graphics, but of course anime is my favorite. This particular piece is very striking to me, at least, because of the loving care with which the tanks are drawn, and how seriously dangerous the tanks look. This is of course very timely, because we can all just imagine Russian and Ukrainian tanks dashing across the steppes to do battle. Impressive graphics, even if the tanks are driven by teen-age girls. The clips are of course from Girls und Panzer (ガールズ&パンツァーGāruzu ando Pantsā). Enjoy.


(Note: I found two versions of this. This one just keeps repeating, and allegedly will go on for ten hours. The other one is short, but is preceded by a commercial, and you can find it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment