Friday, June 13, 2014

Steve Sailer Is On A Roll!

I expect that most everybody that reads this blog also reads Steve Sailer. If you don't, you ought to. Recently Steve became a part of The Unz Review, which, I admit, worried me a bit because of my fear of change, I guess. I was afraid this would change Steve's writing somehow, or make it blander. But I needn't have worried. He's better and more prolific, if anything. For one thing, he's very much on top of the Dave Brat victory and what it means. His piece on that, from which I extracted the quote, is here:
Ryan Lizza Sorta Gets It About Brat

From what he says, Brat is sort of a Libertarian Nationalist. Realistic about immigration, and an advocate of a free market within the United States. As Steve puts it:

But, Brat’s a realistic free marketeer. He wants libertarianism in one country. I suspect that when he read Neal Stephenson’s line in his sci-fi novel Snow Crash about how in near future America, ”once the Invisible Hand has taken away all those historical inequities and smeared them out into a broad global layer of what a Pakistani brickmaker would consider to be prosperity” Brat was a rare libertarian to realize Stephenson was writing a dystopia not a utopia.

And on the same day, Steve reminds us about


Pointing out that an easy new way to get on the fast track to US citizenship is to assert that you're gay or lesbian, and therefore a refugee from oppression, no matter where the hell you come from.

And again, also today, he tells us the latest from the NY Times about

World War T, Part CCCXXVI

That is, the newest trendy minority group, transgenders, who also will move to the front of the line for all kinds of goodies.

And, still today, Steve brings up this peculiar question,

FBI Raids 19 Charter Schools: Why?

And it turns out that the "why" is most likely the fact that there's heavy corruption in the innocently named "charter schools" from yet another vibrant immigrant group, Turks.

And then he has the latest on Donald Sterling's strategy,

The Bonfire of the Insanities

Wherein Donald tries to out-politically correct his persecutors.

And another damn good question:

Whose Side Are We Supposed to be on in Iraq?

Which leads me to the old saying "Shi'ite Happens."

And then, 

Ann Coulter on Brat's Victory

Which I discussed myself a couple of days ago.

And that's just today, Friday 13th. So Steve is a powerhouse. There must be three or four of him. Anyhow, if you've been put off at all by his move to Unz, forget it. The site as a whole is well worth going to every day, but to just get to Steve's stuff, go to http://www.unz.com/isteve/

And lo and behold, I just went there myself, to make sure I got the URL right, and he has yet another thing about Dave Brat. He's Superblogger. Go there and enjoy.
---------
Quibcag:  I couldn't find a picture of big business in bed with government, so I used a picture of Akane Tendo in bed with P-Chan (there's quite a story there) from, again, Ranma ½ (らんま½).

1 comment:

  1. You'll never separate big government from big business, no matter what system you have. Having a leader whose life and whose family's life depends on their devotion to the well being of their state is the best you can do. Monarchy.

    ReplyDelete