Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Zeituni, We Hardly Knew Ye

I was all set to write a snarky, satirical post about what we all should do to honor Aunt Zeituni, whose tragic death yadda yadda yadda. I was going to work out a Swifitian rationale for lowering the flag to half-mast for the next year or two, à la Whitney Houston, and of course for blaming the whole thing on White racism. And, naturally, I was going to recommend 24-hour Secret Service protection for Uncle Omar. It's only right. Actually, I'm pretty good at that sort of writing, because I have National Lampoon veteran Baloo around to help me punch things like that up. But I won't, because Steve Sailer has done it already, quicker and better. He begins:

How can we most fittingly commemorate Aunt Zeituni?

President Obama's Aunt Zeituni has tragically died before she could become an American citizen. In 2010, she was granted asylum in the United States so she wouldn't have to return to Kenya and be persecuted for being related to the most powerful man in the world. 

How can we best commemorate this supreme epitomization of what 21st Century immigration is all about? 
----------
Quibcag: I don't know who the weepy girl is, but I found her HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment