Monday, April 28, 2014

Hickory-Dockracy, Panpherohoplocracy

Sooner or later I'll write the second part of Hoppeanism Or Panpherohoplocracy? — A Self-Referential Metapost, but not just yet. Vulture of Critique is way ahead of me in speculation about the implications of Panpherohoplocracy. (If you can't figure the word out, here's a graphic novel about a panpherohoplocratic country.) Anyhow, I've been fencing with a congeries of liberals at various places on the net about the concept of an armed society. Most of them are simply hoplophobes, and there's no reasoning with them whatsoever. They have a visceral aversions to firearms, except when their beloved film stars utilize them in movies.

Now, I'm sure Vulture of Critique is no more starry-eyed than I am, and is well aware that utopias are unattainable. But, again like me, I think, he seems to believe that utopia can be approached a lot closer than we have so far, maybe even asymptotically. (When I read VofC, my vocabulary just naturally proliferates.)

So, in this link, he extrapolates from the idea of Panpherohoplocracy to what kind of society or societies it would naturally lead to, and frankly, they sound pretty good to me. He also, as he so often does, provides me with an excellent quibcag quote. So click on, and enjoy

What can Report From Iron Mountain suggest about panpherohoplocracy?
---------
Quibcag: The armed girls, who, you'll notice, aren't shooting one another or anybody else, are, of course from "Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C3" (特例措置団体ステラ女学院高等科C3部

No comments:

Post a Comment