Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Feminism and its Enemies

A good rule of thumb when you're trying to determine whether a person has any sense or not is to ask him about feminism. If he thinks any of the principles of feminism are worth any consideration whatsoever, he's not terribly rational. Either that, or he's just duckspeaking. Poor feminism. It has lots of enemies, including traditional morality, me, religion of practically every kind, every thinker and philosopher until the twentieth century (and most of them since), every human culture that ever existed, and now, we realize, the innocent-seeming anime. Vulture of Critique asks:

Nyanpasu! Are moe slice-of-life shows a subtle form of pro-motherhood propaganda?

Click to find out.

4 comments:

  1. Now, you and I go way back, so we can be open and honest with each other, and we never have to worry about hurt feelings.

    So ... it won't hurt your feelings if I point out that "vultue" is supposed to have an "r" in it ... right?

    You see, this is what it means to be a vulture of *critique*... endless criticism! But "vulture of critique" sounds better than "vulture of proof-reading."

    In all seriousness, I'm flattered that you liked the one-liner. I don't always "bat a thousand" with my one-liners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And me an old Army proofreader myself.... Your quotes are often very powerful and/or funny. I only wish I had time to quibcag (quibcagize?) them all. Fixed it :)

      Delete
  2. I have definitely noticed an emphasis on traditional femininity in anime myself, which is part of why I enjoy these slice-of-life romantic comedies so much (they are my guilty pleasure). Glad to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh for the love of god.....

    ReplyDelete