Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wisdom from Facebook

This, from a Facebook commentator who says I'm dumb — Punctuation and all, folks, punctuation and all:

Facebook is not a good way to judge someone literacy, in fact I am very literate, even though you can't tell by my posts... I mean what just one thing was not spelled correctly or I used the wrong version of a word? So what

I repeat, the punctuation is all his. His favorite howler is to type "your" for "you're." Not an occasional mental slip like most of us might fall prey to, but a consistent practice of his.

2 comments:

  1. That kid should thank a teacher.

    Sarcasm off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eager Young LiberalOctober 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM

    "I would sit still and blithely watch how you, the devil, and your sausages and your tripes vainly fret and torment yourselves, and blubber and writhe, achieving nothing except to make us laugh and make you own case worse. Indeed, I would like to see you say aloud what you write, for if you did, people would gather with chains and bars and out of sympathy would seize and bind you as demoniacs. And if people did not do this, then, perhaps at God's prompting, oxen and swine would trample you to death with their horns and hoofs."

    ReplyDelete