Monday, October 7, 2013

The Star-Spangled Banner, NOT Politically Correct!

Get this HERE.
I'm a life-long agnostic and not likely to change, but I have no quarrel with Christians in any respect whatsoever as Christians.  Oh, I disagree with some ideas some Christians have, but they're ideas usually shared by nonChristians, too. In fact, I think that most of what I do believe in is rooted in the thinking developed within Christendom, and would probably never have developed in any milieu other than Christendom. Vox Day calls this phenomenon "moral parasitism," meaning that agnostics like me (and atheists, too) have a moral code developed by Christianity that their own concept of the supernatural could never have produced.  I have to agree with him, though I'd reserve the "parasite" label for those who pretend otherwise.

In any case, I'm not one of those unbelievers who is constantly on the attack against Christianity. Actually, I consider myself a "fellow traveller" (as Vonnegut once put it) with Christians, and while I've never had a revelation to the faith, I find myself in concert with them about practically everything, and I'm on their side when there's a kerfluffle about school prayer or posting the Ten Commandments in the courthouse and crèche scenes and the usual.

And while we're at it, I like this verse, too:

No comments:

Post a Comment