Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Feminism and Science Fiction — Not a Good Fit

The first female science fiction author I noticed when I was a kid was Andre Norton, but I don't remember when I figured out that she was female. She wrote good stuff, as did several others, like Leigh Brackett, Ursula LeGuin, and (currently) Connie Willis, and those are just off the top of my head. LeGuin has a lot of feminist themes, of course, but I can't say that I remember any in the others. Actually, I think there's less feminist stuff in SF than in other genres, because science fiction tends to be, well, scientific, and feminism is among the least scientific ideologies that have ever existed. It's also profoundly SILLY.

I was going to refer you all to Vox Day's post on the latest feminist wackiness, but RamZpaul beat me to it.  The following video is from his post HERE that includes other videos and more subtle feminist-bashing fun.



P. S.  More on this at Fantastic Worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment