A guest post from "The Colonel"
------------
Shocking! Obama Apologizes to Slain Terrorist’s Family
October 11, 2011
Here is the State Department's official transcript of a State spokeswoman answering questions about a condolence call made by our government to the family of a terrorist WE KILLED along with Awlaki in Yemen. Is it now our policy to apologize for the terrorists we kill? Please explain this to the thousands of American families whose children have died at the hands of these Muslim terrorists around the world. And then explain it to me. We must end this lunacy in 2012.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION: There are reports out of North Carolina that the family of Samir Khan on Thursday received a – what they’re calling a condolence call from the State Department. First question on that would be: Was there, in fact, a call? Second would be: Can you describe the nature, or would you, in fact, call it a condolence call? And the third would be: Why on Thursday? Why not do it any earlier?
MS. NULAND: I’m just – I have some background here, but I can’t find it. Yes, we did make a call to the family of Samir Khan. I believe the first call was on October 3rd, so I believe that since then I had said here that we had not been in contact. If I did say that, then it was incorrect, our information was incomplete, and that call was to express our sympathy with the family. And then I think we had a follow-up on October 7th, but let me get you the full information on that.
QUESTION: Okay. Then why – I still think that the first call was still several days after he was killed. Can you explain what – why there was a lag in that?
MS. NULAND: I can’t, except to say that there has been some issue in this case of identifying the appropriate next of kin.
QUESTION: Okay. And so you don’t think it’s inappropriate to call it a condolence call; you said it was expressing sympathy?
MS. NULAND: Yeah.
QUESTION: (Inaudible.)
QUESTION: Oh, yeah. Okay.
MS. NULAND: Well, you can characterize it how you’d like.
QUESTION: Okay. Do you – don’t you see it as somewhat odd that the U.S. Government being responsible for his death would offer a sympathy call (inaudible)?
MS. NULAND: This was an effort to reach out to the family of an American citizen and see if any further assistance was required of us. And my understanding is that nothing else was asked for at that time.
QUESTION: Did they ask for any kind of an explanation of how he died? I mean, I’d --
MS. NULAND: To my knowledge, no.
QUESTION: So what you’re saying is that there were actually two calls.
MS. NULAND: My understanding is that there were two contacts. There was one on the 3rd and one on the 7th. But let me get you the right --
QUESTION: Okay, but when I asked about this last week, both Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – the first call was Monday, it was asked about on Monday, or was it – yes –
QUESTION: Monday.
QUESTION: Monday. The answer was that you don’t get in touch with them unless they get in touch with you first.
MS. NULAND: Again, I think that I had incomplete or inaccurate information, at least at the beginning part of the week. I think the last time we answered this question was on Wednesday. So we are correcting it now, and in this case I think that we had – when we determined that we had next of kin information, it was at that point that we made a reach-out.
QUESTION: What was the point for the second call?
MS. NULAND: Again, I don’t have it here so let me see if I have anything further to give you on these.
QUESTION: Okay. The only reason I’m asking is that you said that there was no ask. So I’m curious; if there was no ask on the first call, why there would be a reason for a second call.
MS. NULAND: Yeah.
QUESTION: But just to be clear that there weren’t protracted discussions about the circumstances surrounding his death and any U.S. involvement in the attack?
MS. NULAND: To my knowledge, no.
QUESTION: And who made the call?
MS. NULAND: I think they were made from the Consular Office here in the Department.
QUESTION: And to who?
MS. NULAND: To one of the family – the family member who was next of kin. Let me get you some more on that.
Obama’s State Department (run by Hillary Clinton) has contacted the family of al-Qaeda propagandist and recruiter Samir Khan to “express its condolences” to his family. Samir Khan a right hand man to Anwar al-Awlaki, was killed along with his jihadist buddy in an air strike in Yemen that took place on September 30.
A Khan family spokesman even went so far as to say he felt State was not only apologetic for killing Khan, a terrorist enemy of America, but for not giving its condolences sooner. By way of background, Khan was an American citizen who maintained an anti-American web site while he lived in Charlotte, North Carolina. Two years ago, he left for Yemen to help produce Inspire, an English language blog. In an early introductory essay, Khan described himself as “proud to be a traitor to America.” He was also the author of Make a Bomb in the Kitchen of Your Mom.
This man was a self identified enemy of America whose death should be celebrated, not apologized for.