Tuesday, June 29, 2010
"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tel...l me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves'" - Andrew Jackson
at 6:50 AM
Monday, June 28, 2010
at 11:12 AM
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
From the Alternative Right website. Read it all HERE.
More and more, it seems that among us:
- Freedom means comprehensive control of human relations so we don't oppress each other.
- Equality means rule by irresponsible and unrepresentative elites. Otherwise there's no one to keep us equal.
- Inclusiveness means distinctions can't be allowed to matter, so they have to be destroyed or neutered.
- Democracy means everyone has to be powerless. Otherwise, some would be more powerful than others and that wouldn't be democratic.
- Giving people what they want means destroying the goods they care about most, since those goods can't be equal, optional, and externally manageable.
- Reason means submission of the mind and will to expert pronouncements that always turn out to promote the power and authority of experts and bureaucrats.
- Diversity means that people attached to nonliberal principles must be demonized as bigots and fundamentalists.
at 6:29 AM